After great anticipation, planning and organising the
day had arrived! The early start had us arrive at the airport just waking up.
Our flight to Singapore was straight forward and many took the opportunity to
sleep. An hour and half delay with the connecting flight to Phnom Penh saw
the students enjoy the chance to spend a bonus $20 (thanks Singapore Airlines)
at any store! Several got McDonalds. Two more hours on Silk Air had us
arrive in the congested city of Phnom Penh. Traffic was heavy and there were lots of motorbikes, tuk tuks and other vehicles competing for space on the
road.
Two of the students took the time to share their expectations and thoughts:
"I decided
that I wanted to be part of the 2017 service trip as I had seen the impact it
had on my friends lives and the way they see the world around them. I am also
on this trip as I want to be able to make a difference in peoples lives as well
as gain a new perspective on the way I live my life."
- Meagan. M
"This is
my third service trip and what draws me back the most is the love and
compassion that those who have so little, give. Through the duration of this
trip I want to become more aware and grateful of how lucky I am to have the
opportunities I do and the chance I have to make a difference."
- Grace. S


A very long day travelling. Thank you for the update :)
ReplyDelete